Is it really October already?!
It’s hard to believe in exactly one month we will be hitting the polls to vote for the next President.
What a wonderful opportunity to incorporate the importance of civic duty, the election process, and democracy in your classroom!
Below are the best Election 2016 resources I could find on the web. There is something for all grade levels. Enjoy!
- An extensive list provided for all levels by Matt Davis.
- Lesson plan ideas included.
PBS Election Central, which includes:
- Election Collection
- Election Process
- Inside the Debates
- Classroom Debate Tool Kit
- We the Voter Films
- Electoral decoder
- Interactive Map
- Virtual Field Trips
- Check out the 60 Second Presidents Series including:
- Campaign Manager
- Personality or Politics
- Working for the Party
- News article for all reading levels.
- Participate in a nationwide student election.
- Lesson plans focusing on disagreeing in a respectful way.
- Recognizing bias towards minorities.
How are you incorporating the Election 2016 into your classroom? Are there any other resources I should add to the list?